Monday, September 3, 2012

Content--Not Just Fluff

"Websites shouldn't spend all their time creating fluff." 

In my latest reading, I read about the use of websites and how "Content is key". I agree with that statement because I've seen a number of websites that are fancy with widgets and all different kinds of colors and themes, however, the ones with content are the only ones worth really following.

As a blog editor of a site, I know exactly what it means to have content that is valuable for readers. It also has to be appealing too. In class, we did an exercise where we focused on which blogs were actually worth reading and which ones just didn't really make the cut.

I chose ABC Family's blog site because I am an avid follower of their shows. When I went to the website, it was really active and pretty to look at, however, it didn't really have enough content to attract me as a follower.

Blogs should have content that make the readers want to come back for more in the next weeks to come. A bit advice I have for new bloggers: Make sure your blog has content that is relevant and worth reading---that's something I learned in my reading this week.

What did you learn in this week's reading? 


No comments:

Post a Comment