Sunday, October 7, 2012

Case Studies Fanatic

When I first joined the public relations world, I was not into the idea of researching case studies. They sounded horrible to even say. "CASE STUDIES." I guess anything with the word 'studies' in it turns me away instantly.



It wasn't until the end of last year, my junior year, that I actually began to enjoy some of the case studies I read and researched. I found my interests in public relations and focused my energy towards case studies relating to those topics.

My top interests: 

1. Social media
2. Entertainment 
3. Crisis Communication 


These topics are my top three and I love them because they are ever-growing and thrilling topics to research. Social media is always changing (I've learned in class), entertainment has many ups and downs, and crisis communication is always fun to watch (at least for me). 

When I have to sit down and read about case studies in my classes (Social Media and Case Studies classes, that is), I actually enjoy doing the research and looking up different scenarios and how each situation was handled or resolved. 

Do you like case studies? If so, what kind? 




2 comments:

  1. Ashley I totally understand your feelings about case studies. This is my first experience with them and I do think they are scary. I'm not a huge fan either, but the more that I read case studies and learn about them, they aren't so bad. Hopefully in time, my fear of case studies will go away and I will find specific subjects that I actually enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Katie and Ashley! I love reading the case studies. It is definitely not as thrilling as reading "50 Shades of Grey", but I'll take what I can get. I have really enjoyed reading studies done on crisis communications and case studies where an organization learned something truly beneficial.

    ReplyDelete