Sunday, December 9, 2012

My Last Fall Semester At Ohio Northern

As finals week approaches, it is just now hitting me that this is my final fall semester ever. I don't know whether I am excited or sad about this realization. This semester has definitely been one that I won't forget. I learned a lot about myself and the people around me and I have definitely become a stronger and better person this semester. 

What I learned this semester:

1. Life is too short--don't always take things so seriously. There will be times for seriousness and times for fun! I am going to start taking advantage of both.

2. Your true friends will stick by you in sticky and inconvenient situations. I have been through a lot this past semester and I have truly learned who my real friends are.

3. Procrastination is not your friend. This "term" is like a bad relationship. It will stress you out, make you worry, and always bring out your worst work (most of the time--sometimes you get lucky).

4. Drama should only be viewed on soap operas. I realized all of that drama I thought was "so important" last year doesn't mean anything now. Who cares if the girl down the hallway got the same haircut as you?

5. A degree is very important. In the past, I have taken school a lot less seriously than I maybe should have. Yes, I believed it was important but I never really thought about how truly important it is and will be for my future. DEGREES GET JOBS!

6. Strength comes to those who believe in it. I knew I had to tough out this semester at Ohio Northern, no matter how scared or upset I was about my current situation. When I first came this semester, I was afraid people would judge me and talk about me--but none of that really matters in the grand scheme of things. I just keep going along!

7. I'm not a child anymore--I am going to be a mommy. I always dreamed of having kids one day, just not this soon. I have learned that it is time for me to step up and take responsibility because in two months--I will be responsible for another life. Pretty intense stuff!

8. If you work hard, you won't regret anything. If you work hard at a project and you end up getting a B or a C, it is not the end of the world. Trying your best should always be good enough.

9. Family is important and should be cherished. I always remind myself how great of a family I have and how much support I get from them on a daily basis.

10. Always think before you speak! (Self-explanatory I think)


Needless to say, this has been a semester of lessons and new experiences. I can't wait for my last semester--which should be even more of an experience!

Enjoy your college experience, it goes by way too fast!


1 comment:

  1. All of these are things that people can read and take in their own way to learn something valuable. You have been one of the best friends I have and I can't wait for us to be big kid practitioners! You have gone through a lot this semester, but I think you've realized who's got your back. Love you Ash!

    ReplyDelete